Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good News For Old Folks

Do you remember Darrell Green? He was a cornerback for the Washington Redskins back in the late 80s and early 90s.


His claim to fame was always how fast he was. He used to run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds. That's blazing fast. Almost as fast as me (I've been clocked at 4.19, but I clocked myself with an old Timex, so it could be off a couple .10 of a second. I'm just saying). Back in the day Darrell Green could outrun anybody.

Maybe those days are still here.


He celebrated his 50th birthday the other day. How did he celebrate you ask? Maybe he went to a nice brunch at Luby's.


He might have gotten the Lu-Ann platter with liver, beets and creamed corn. Or maybe he went to celebrate by playing Bingo at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Maybe he won $100 bucks while playing his five cards. Maybe he went to watch the "Bucket List." Maybe he was making out his Bucket List. Or maybe ... just maybe ... he ...

... decided to go out and run a 40-yard dash.




What's a 50-year-old guy doing running a 40-yard dash? What was he thinking? I'll tell you what he was thinking: That, by god, I can still run a 4.43 40-yard dash. And you know what? He does. At 50 years old, Darrell Green claims to be the fastest Baby Boomer. Read the story here

and he probably is.

When I grow up I want to be just like Darrell Green, except I want to be a former cornerback for the  Dallas Cowboys.

Happy Birthday, Darrell. You make me proud.

No comments: