Friday, September 25, 2009

Why Are People So Dumb?

I always laughed when I would see people on Sports Center diving over chairs, walls and grandmothers trying to get to a foul ball. I mean if you just wait and go to Wal-Mart after the game (most of them are open 24 hours) you can buy the same ball for less than $5. But this ball as been touched by a major league baseball player and is possible worth upwards of $5.75. That's what makes it worth risking life and limb for a souvenir.

But I was reading a story about some wacko sports fan that really took the cake.This fan kept the baseball after Matt Carson of the Oakland A's hit a home run. Carson has been in the minor leagues for seven years and when he finally hit his first big-league home run, he thought he might be able to keep the ball. He didn't want to sell it for a million bucks. He didn't want to send it to Cooperstown for the Hall. He wanted to keep it to probably show his kids and grandkids one day. Heck, he might even show it to some people at the bar and try to get some girl to go out with him. Whatever he wanted to do with it, should be his right.

But this knucklehead fan wants $10,000 for it. Believe me, Matt Carson's first home run ball is not worth $10,000. Carson won't pay it. I'm glad. I hope it sits on the douchbag's shelf and collects dust and in 20 years he won't even remember where he got it.

And congratulations, Matt. I hope you get a chance to hit a lot more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard... Who even does that? Some people amaze me