Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday's Happy Tip

Here's a nice little Happy Tip for Monday. Actually I can't take credit for it. My daughter gave me the idea, but it made me really happy and probably will make your day as well.

I almost always make a grocery list on my iPhone. I use Notes on my iPhone. In the past, as I walked down the aisle of the grocery store, I had to "wake" my iPhone up, put in my passcode (Most of my information is vital to national security, including my grocery lists), and find my Note application and open it up. As I moved to the next aisle, my phone went to sleep and I had to repeat all the steps again. It was sort of annoying.

But my daughter gave me the solution this week: take a screenshot of your grocery list and make it your wallpaper (OMG! That college education is already paying off). Now, all I have to do is click the Home button on my iPhone and my grocery list is on the screen. Glorious day.

(Yes, I know I make some spelling errors in my grocery list, get over it. And, no, I don't actually use eye liner).

If you don't know how to make a screenshot, here's how:

To take a screenshot with your iPhone or iPod Touch, just press the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time. On 2.0, the screen will flash white, while with 2.1, you’ll also get the camera shutter sound, and your screen will be captured.
To access your screenshots go to Photos and on the iPhone, look in Camera Roll, while on the iPod Touch, check out Saved Photos.

It's that simple. And when you are finished with your grocery shopping, you can either keep your list as your wallpaper or go back to using the out of focus picture of some semi-famous celebrity (Me!).

You Are Welcome.

No comments: